Friday, April 2, 2010

Brandon A @ Kenya: Power Failure

Due to the nightly heavy rains the power has been off and on at the Kamau house for the last 3 days. Because of this I was unable to write on my blog.


The past 3 days have been great! On Monday morning I worked in the skills department with Meredith and Luisa. I was helping take photograph of their hand made products to be used on a website to promote their merchandise. I also had the opportunity to meet up with Heather Lozada's small groups sponsored child Purity during her lunch break. It took her a while to warm up to me but I eventually got her to have a short conversation with me. She is such a beautiful young lady of God and has grown a lot since I saw her. Unfortunately this week the students had their exams so I didn't have time to take a photo of her. I will be going to her house next Tuesday to meet her family and promised her sponsors I would document it for them. After lunch I starting planning for a video that CMF asked me to work on for them to help advertise to middle school and high school student about orphaned children due to HIV/AIDS.

On Tuesday I walked to Kosovo with Charity from social work to visit my sponsored child Edwin Watulo Wanyonyi. He is a 13 year old boy that is currently in class 1. Currently Edwin is #6 in his class and loves math, enjoys soccer and would like to become a Pilot. He loves in the slums with his Mother and Father (Irene and Robert) and his twin brother Brian. Irene sells vegetables and Robert is a painter. After meeting him at the school office I walked with him to his house but unfortunately is mother had just left for work moments before we got there. So I promised him that I would come back sometime soon to meet his twin brother and parents and to see the inside of his house. Edwins birthday is May 1st so I am hoping to have the opportunity to visit him on that day as well.


Today I worked on starting a video for CCV (Christ Church of the Valley) in PA. Doing an update for them on there congregations sponsored children and Joska. I will tell you more about that project later on.

No comments: